Counseling and Guidance
Jessica Barrett- (405)247-2486
Welcome to Anadarko High School Guidance
Concurrent Enrollment at Anadarko High School
Concurrent enrollment offers the opportunity for junior and senior students at Anadarko High School to take college courses at Western Oklahoma State College(WOSC). Students may take classes in the morning, afternoon or on-line. Provided the classes offered at WOSC will fit within their high school schedules.
Students must meet the following requirements in order to be admitted to Western Oklahoma State College:
High School Juniors and Seniors qualify for concurrent enrollment by
1. Earning an ACT composite of 19 or higher
2. OR having a high school grade point average of 3.0
3. Additionally, students must have earned an ACT subscore of 19 in the curricular area in which they wish to enroll or take appropriate Accuplacer tests and score high enough to place into college level courses.
Students meeting the above requirements must submit the following documentation (available in the counselor's office) to the Office of Admissions at WOSC:
1. Application for admission at www.wosc.edu
2. Official high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores
3. High School Verification Form- available through the counselor’s office or at www.wosc.edu
Juniors who are eligible to enroll as concurrent students are eligible to receive a tuition waiver scholarship. This tuition waiver scholarship is for 9 credit hours of tuition only. Juniors are eligible to receive the tuition waiver after completing their sophomore year in high school.
Seniors who are eligible to enroll as concurrent students are eligible to receive a tuition waiver scholarship. This tuition waiver scholarship is for 18 credit hours of tuition only. These credits can be taken any way the student desires as long as the student does not exceed a combined total of 19 semester hours set by state policy. Seniors are eligible to receive the tuition waiver after completing their junior year in high school respectively and must be enrolled in at least one high school hour.
Students are responsible for all other costs which may include fees, books, and any other associated expenses. More information can be obtained at www.wosc.edu, click on admissions, concurrent students.
**Concurent Enrollment Guidelines**
1. Grades and credits received from the concurrent enrollment class will be posted to the high school transcript. Grades will be averaged into the GPA. Students must be aware that if they are taking a college course, the grade earned in the class will impact the student’s high school GPA and class rank.
2. High school class schedules will be adjusted as follows:
- 1 concurrent class – the student must take 5 classes at AHS
- 2 concurrent classes – the student must take 4 classes at AHS
- 3 concurrent classes – the student must take 3 classes at AHS
Any questions should be directed to the Junior/Senior counselor or the high school principal.